Even though constipation is a common problem of the digestive system, for many people it is an embarrassing subject to discuss.
The term constipation often means different things to different people ranging from less frequent bowel movements than normal to more difficult passage of stools or a combination of both.
Being constipated can make one feel uncomfortable, bloated, heavy and sluggish. Regular elimination of waste products from the body is vital to maintaining health.
Natural help for Constipation:
- Be sure you're getting adequate fiber in your diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as whole grain cereals.
- Add oat bran to your diet. Begin with one tablespoon in the morning and gradually increase by a tablespoon every several days until you achieve the desired result. You can mix it in juice or yogurt or sprinkle It on cereal. If the bran causes too much gas and bloating (It usually does cause some), cut down on the amount.
- Psyllium fiber stool bulking agent. Follow the directions on the package, and be sure to drink adequate amounts of water. Take one teaspoon in a glass of water and increase to two teaspoons a day if necessary.
- Drink plenty of water: four to six glasses each day.
- Develop healthy bowel habits. Give yourself time to use the toilet at least once each day,usually after breakfast. Drink something hot followed by something cold and then relax on the toilet. Don't strain. Be sure to go whenever you feel the urge.
- Try natural stimulants to move the bowels, and are available in online stores. Follow the directions on the package.
- If you must use a bowel stimulant/laxative, do so only occasionally.
Get more info about naturalremedies for constipation.